PARENTS CIRCLE – FAMILIES FORUM
The Parents Circle – Families Forum is an association of 600 bereaved Israelis and Palestinians who have lost an immediate family member in the conflict.
They are working hand in hand together, sharing sorrow, bringing hope by trying to stop acts of violence through reconciliation – a prerequisite to achieving a sustainable peace.
The organization uses all resources available in education, public meetings and the media to spread these ideas.
– Solidar’s Silver Rose Award – World Peace and Reconciliation (2007)
– The Victor Goldberg Award for Peace in the Middle East (2008)
– The Search for Common Ground for Peace building in the Middle East award (2008)
– The Martha Prize for Tolerance and Democratic Values in Jerusalem (2008)
– The Three Cultures award for Peace and Dialogue (2009)
– Gold Medal for contributing to reconciliation and understanding between people (2010)
– The Gandhi Foundation International Peace Award (2010)
– The Human Rights Award (2010)
– The Gwangju Prize for Human Rights (2011)
– The Augsburg University Prize for Reconciliation and International Understanding (2012)
The Livia Award (2012)
– The “Unsung Heroes of Compassion” Award (2014), The Dror Prize (2014)
– The Leibowitz Award (2016), the Shalom Award (2016)
Credit Photo: @Parents Circle – Families Forum